Introducing our newest collection: Sunshine Reads.
Did you know? Reading for pleasure has many proven benefits for your health and well-being, including lower stress levels, higher self-esteem and better sleep.
And most importantly, it just makes you feel good!
Now our trusty librarians have put together a special set of our favourite feelgood books, including ‘The Midnight Library’ by Matt Haig, ‘The Rosie Project’ by Graeme Simsion, and ‘A Walk in the Woods’ by Bill Bryson. They’re on the windowsill in our Entrance Hall - you can’t miss them.
Here's the full list:
- Libby Page – 24 Hour Café
- Bill Bailey – Guide to Happiness
- Graeme Simsion – The Rosie Project
- Matt Haig – The Midnight Library
- Derren Brown – Happy
- Gretchin Rubin – The Happiness Project
- Fearghal O’Nuallian - The Kindness of Strangers
- Bill Bryson – A Walk in the Woods
- Beth Morrey – Saving Missey
- Beth O’Leary – The Flatshare
- Casey McQuiston – Red, White and Royal Blue
- Abbie Waxman – The Bookish list of Nina Hill
- Fredrik Backman – My Grandmother sends her regards and apologies
- Dawn French – Because of You
- Gail Honeyman – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Join the Guille-Allès Library
- Borrow books
- Book clubs
- Online resources