Introducing our newest collection: Sunshine Reads.
Did you know? Reading for pleasure has many proven benefits for your health and well-being, including lower stress levels, higher self-esteem and better sleep.
And most importantly, it just makes you feel good!
Now our trusty librarians have put together a special set of our favourite feelgood books, including ‘The Midnight Library’ by Matt Haig, ‘The Rosie Project’ by Graeme Simsion, and ‘A Walk in the Woods’ by Bill Bryson.
Here's the full list:
- Libby Page – 24 Hour Café
- Bill Bailey – Guide to Happiness
- Graeme Simsion – The Rosie Project
- Matt Haig – The Midnight Library
- Derren Brown – Happy
- Gretchin Rubin – The Happiness Project
- Fearghal O’Nuallain - The Kindness of Strangers
- Bill Bryson – A Walk in the Woods
- Beth Morrey – Saving Missy
- Beth O’Leary – The Flatshare
- Casey McQuiston – Red, White and Royal Blue
- Abbie Waxman – The Bookish Life of Nina Hill
- Fredrik Backman – My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologies
- Dawn French – Because of You
- Gail Honeyman – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Bernardine Evaristo – Mr Loverman
Captain Tom Moore – Tomorrow Will Be a Good Day
- Beth O’Leary – The Switch
- Sarah Morgan – The Summer Seekers
- Lissa Evans – Crooked Heart
- Miranda Lin & Jonny Sun - Gmorning, Gnight!
- Eddie Jaku – The Happiest Man on Earth
- Marianne Cronin – The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot
- Bob Mortimer - And Away...
- Mark Sipping - Ordinary Angels
- Janie Millman - Sky's the Limit
- Robert Webb - How Not to be a Boy
- Clare Pooley - The Authenticity Project
- Ruby Wax - And Now for the Good News
- Ingred Fetell Lee - Joyful
- Shelby Van Pelt - Remarkably Bright Creatures
- Gabrielle Zevin - Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow
Join the Guille-Allès Library
- Borrow books
- Book clubs
- Online resources